MODULUS ARCHITECTURE is an award-winning architecture and interior design studio based in downtown San Jose, California creative thinkers and smart designers.
We are a small progressive studio driven by ideas and a work environment where everyone has the opportunity to contribute and
Explore spaces that are worth living in,
it is worth dreaming
it’s worth creating.
Here we believe in reshaping the future through projects that range from office buildings and corporate interiors to multi-family developments and selected customer-specific residential projects.
We are looking for an architectural designer With a lot of energy, self-motivation, the ability to learn new skills and a positive attitude – while bringing her unique design talents and technical expertise to the table. Excellent communication skills are required when talking about project progress, tips, ideas and the thoughts in our very collaborative office environment. This is a full time employee.
Tasks of the architectural designer:
- Create architectural drawings and documentation with Revit
- Participate in all phases of architectural practice
- Assistance with drafting, engineering and construction documents, including other assigned tasks
- Commitment to getting things done AND being able to communicate out loud with the team to resolve dilemmas
- Occasional on-site customer visits, meetings, observations, on-site reviews and documentation
- Support the internal team
- Communicate clearly and effectively with clients and subcontractors
Required Architectural Designer Skills:
- Accredited professional qualification in architecture (B.Arch or M.Arch)
- At least 2 years electricity Experience as an architectural designer in the interiors of corporate offices and commercial projects
- Technical skills required: Revit (mandatory), Photoshop, Excel
- Real-time imaging experience with Twinmotion / Unreal Engine (a plus)
- Some knowledge of basic California building codes; Architecture and interior design standards
- Ability to read plans, views and sections and draw them using hand-drawn sketches and / or redlines
- Ability to work well under pressure, juggle and prioritize multiple projects and adjust work accordingly, often against tight deadlines
- Demonstrate good English proficiency in oral, written and visual communication skills with all levels of employees, clients, agents, subcontractors and local agencies
- Must be eligible to work permanently in the US without the need for an employee sponsorship
- You must have a reliable car and a currently valid CA (or other state) driver’s license to drive to project locations
Our bright and modern open studio is located in downtown San Jose on the Alameda, a short walk from Caltrain (Diridon Station) including walking distance to cafes, restaurants, fitness and yoga studios, Green Park, Whole Foods, SAP Center, the future Google campus village, etc.
Advantages and discounts:
- Competitive salaries in the market
- Full health, dental and eyesight insurance coverage
- Paid time off (vacation and illness)
- Paid vacation
- Professional development support
- In-house mentoring (the BEST!)
- Entertaining creative possibilities such as playing with our in-house 3D printers and the workshop
- Collaborate with employees to participate in unique competitions (we won a few!)
The position currently requires studio office visits, including remote working, as needed, while personal office hours will gradually increase to full-time as the levels reopen in Santa Clara County.
Have we piqued your interest?
Email us your CV, cover letter and 3 of your best relevant work samples (and the digital college portfolio if completed in the last 5 years) in combined PDF format by email to: [email protected] (with the subject line: Architectural Designer)