“This area of North San Jose has been undersupplied by retailers for years, forcing residents to travel longer distances for essentials and food, “he said Ralph N. Borelli, Chairman of Borelli Investment Company. “We are excited to be working with Market Park developers, The Flea Market, Inc., to create this convenient and attractive mall.”
In addition to a 65,000 square foot Safeway store with next generation design and layout, the Market Park mall will include a 13,100 square foot CVS pharmacy covering 4,000 square feet. Chase Bank Carbon Health office and 2,600 square foot healthcare facility.
85% rented, but there is still plenty of retail space
More than 85% of the space in the Market Park mall is already rented, but this still offers plenty of opportunities for retailers and businesses in a variety of categories. These include:
- Cell phones or electronics
- Hair styling
- Gourmet coffee or other drinks
- Office support, printing and shipping
- Dental offices
- Veterinary clinics
- Clothing and shoes
- House and kitchen
- Technology training
There are currently around 14,850 square feet of rental space available for rent in 10 retail suites in two separate buildings. Several retailers are already in talks for two of the units. Store, store, or store sizes range from just over 700 square feet to just over 3,100 square feet.
Part of Berryessa BART Urban Village
market San Jose Park is the core of the City of San Jose visionary plan for the Berryessa BART Urban Village – a dynamic 270 acre urban area that is expected to include 4,800 new housing units, 6.7 million square feet of commercial space and jobs for 22,000 people – much of it within the Market Park community. Upon completion, the Market Park will include:
- Up to 4,450 residential units – including 1,000 townhouses, single-family houses and apartments – have already been built or almost completed in the North Village around the soon-to-be-opened Market Park shopping center.
- Five main-class office towers offer 1.5 to 3.4 million square feet of office space and parking for 5,000 vehicles, bringing many more potential buyers to the planned South Village of Market Park.
- Neighborhood parks totaling 12 acres across the community – plus a recreational area and attractive spaces in the proposed South Village, plus lush green spaces, an urban garden, and easy access to walking and biking trails in the Bay Area.
- BART literally on the community’s doorstep, conveniently transporting employees to and from the entire East Bay and even San Francisco. The community will also offer VTA bus services … and benefit from a future interchange on Berryessa Road and Highway 101.
Ready for the retail rebound in 2021
With the recent announcement – and expected soon – of the first two potentially viable COVID-19 vaccines from Pfizer and Moderna, retailers are expected to be well positioned to recover sometime in 2021. Retailers interested in more information about the units available in Market Park San Jose Retail Center are requested to contact Borelli Investment Company: Ralph Borelli • 408.453.4700 x117 • BRE license # 00465691 or Chris Anderson • 408.453.4700 x134 • BRE License # 01438895. Or visit: marketparksanjose.com.
Ralph N. BorelliChairman
Borelli investment company
2051 Junction Avenue # 100
San Jose, CA. 95131
SOURCE Borelli Investment Company