GKW ARCHITECTS – CONSTRUCTORS, INC. is a dynamic and very cooperative architecture firm with 10 years of experience in the construction of commercial, residential communities and mixed-use buildings. Our team is focused on believing in honest business practices and solving problems with our team, developers and customers. Please visit our website (www.gkwarchitects.com) for more information.
Our office is growing fast and we want to expand our team. We are currently looking Junior Architectural Draftsperson / Designer and Job captains. This candidate must have exceptional design skills and be on track to become an architect (AXP & ARE). We’re looking for someone who can flip a full set of construction documents. Using Revit is a bonus. We also expect the candidate to be ready to orchestrate construction in the field. This professional will communicate with team members, clients and city officials in an exciting and fast-paced environment. We are looking for someone who wants to be part of a fun and energetic team. Candidates have the opportunity to learn, grow within the company and experience all phases of design.
- AXP License Support: ARE Study Materials
- Mentoring: Rewarding the work environment and the family atmosphere
- Fun team building activities & events
- Open the studio environment
- Coordination and processing of projects from start to finish / full scope of work
Ideal candidates meet the following:
- Graduated from a 4 or 5 year architecture school accredited by the NAAB
- Strong skills in Revit, AutoCAD, 3D Studio Max and Adobe software
- Strong skills in creating and managing construction drawings, start to finish (Job Captain)
- Excellent problem solver and independent thinker with good listening skills and strong follow-up
- Strong verbal and graphic communication, organizational and collaborative skills
- Self motivated; Ability to work independently and in a team environment to align with other design professionals
- Commitment to personal professional growth as an architect
- Friendly & fun personality
- Bonus: 3+ years of Revit / BIM experience
- Bonus: Experience in the construction phase of projects with owners and general contractors
The tasks include:
- Generate construction documents for residential and commercial buildings with Revit Architecture
- Drafting and development of draft proposals / schematic drafts
- Project visits / construction sites
- Responsible for developing and coordinating drawings and specifications including: program compliance, code and agency compliance, schedule commitments, and product research.
- Coordination and meetings with consultants, contractors, customers and city officials to carry out the work properly and in a timely manner
- Provide input for the design and construction plan – communicate the technical implications of design decisions
- Maintenance of existing and new projects
- Support all the tasks necessary for the successful completion of the project
This is a full time position. 40 hours / week, typical working hours are Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. with a 1-hour lunch break. The compensation is discussed in the interview.
How to apply: Please email your cover letter, résumé and PDF examples of your work to [email protected]
View your application history
Back to the job list …